Friday, May 21, 2010

Last to Comment: Peanut

I don't really know what to say but since everyone else (including Nugget) said something about the first painting night, the pressure was kind of on. So apparently in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king. In our novice group of painters, having done a few crappy paintings in the past was enough to qualify me as king and the person to field the questions of which I had very few answers. Or at least not the correct answers. I don't know how comfortable I am in this role since I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to painting. If you want someone to show you how to knit, I'm your girl.

So my painting...
I had a few things I wanted to try to do. I wanted to stay away from outlining and try to be more realistic with the paper fringe texture on the pinatas. So far I think it's more successful with the decapitated horse pinata than with the green-eyed monster pinata, which looks more like a muppet. And I wanted to really push the pose because I think my posing skills are weak. Afterall, no amount of detail or rendering can hide a weak pose. I still have another painting session's worth of work to do in order to finish my painting before we go to Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment